Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm entitled to freebies because I am rich

It has recently come to light that a man named Leroy Fick who won $2million in the Michigan State Lottery is still using his food stamps card (Bridge Card in Michigan) and has no guilt over doing so as is obvious by the video below:

Here's the problem, he's legally entitled to do it.

According to the guidelines, his lottery winnings are not considered income, they are considered liquid assets.

There is a serious problem with the system which reminds me of an incident I personally experienced.
Back in 1994, I went shopping at the local H-E-B Market. Having just paid my rent and scraping my pennies together, I went in and bought the cheapest stuff I could find, Ramen Noodles, three Macaroni and Cheese for $1.00, bologna, etc. I was standing in line to check out and ahead of me, there was an elderly man buying steak, ribs and a brisket which he proudly put on his Lone Star (food stamp) Card. When I finished checking out I went outside and saw this person loading up his brand new 1994 Cadillac (still with dealer plates) and driving off. WTF?!

The money Mr. Fick is sucking up from tax payers could easily go to someone who truly deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment